www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Friday, November 29, 2013

See Your Fave Authors This Saturday

Blogfrogs, you and I both know there's nothing wrong with succumbing to the Buy With 1 Click madness that is the Amazon.com experience. Those of us with Kindle readers positively salivate over the idea of buying a book--ding!--and sitting down to read it 30 seconds later. In the middle of the night. On a Sunday.

But.

Nothing replaces the experience of wandering the aisles of your favorite brick-and-mortar bookstore. It's the best way to find a book, just like I did when I was a kid: craning my neck down the row of  impossibly packed shelves, skimming the tables, curling up in the beanbag in the children's section. Bookstores are magical places. There's no greater thrill than coming up the One--the One You Absolutely Have to Read. I used to come upon these gems all the time when I was little, and then, clutching my new friend to my chest, I had to put on the big sad eyes and beg the chauffeur parent to please please please not separate us, but to let my new friend come home and live with us forever or life would never ever be the same. Luckily, the adults in my life were suckers for the big sad eyes.

So this Saturday, November 30, I'm giving back a little. Designated Small Business Saturday, this is a holiday shopping day when you can show your support for those indie businesses that make our towns and neighborhoods unique. I'm helping sell books at Shawnee Books & Toys, the fantastic little shop that hosted my book launch, and yeah, I might sign a few of my own books too. Chances are, there's an indie bookshop in your own town who's hosting an author, so check around.

So if you're in Shawnee and you're looking to buy books for the holidays (and why aren't you if you're not? Huh?), stop by and say hi. I'll have loads of recommendations for the young readers in your life. Before you're done talking to me, your arms will be full of fabulous stories.

And yes. You can take every one of them home.


Event details: 
Meet the Author on Small Business Saturday
Saturday, November 30, 12-3 pm
Shawnee Books & Toys
7311 Quivira Road | Shawnee, KS | 913-962-1428
More about how authors are helping out on Small Business Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment