www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Friday, May 23, 2014

Fun Friday: The Fearsome Pterosaurs

Often when I visit schools or festivals and talk to kids about writing The Key & the Flame, I discuss giant flying dinosaurs. There's a reason. When creating the world of Anglielle, I wanted to include a giant flying beast, and I needed to know how a real-life flying beast would operate. This question prompted my discovery of some fantastic creatures, namely the Hatzegopteryx and Quetzlcoatlus dinosaurs. They were as tall as giraffes, had fearsome beaks, and could fly at altitudes of 10,000 feet and up to 80 mph.




While this video isn't as impressive, it gave me a good idea of how a Quetzalcoatlus takes off, and how much room it needed to do so.



What do you dream of creating? And how will you imagine it?


I talk about a lot of other things in my school presentations too. Click here to learn more.


No comments:

Post a Comment