www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

TBR 2014: Book No. 19



I love books about survival and triumph under difficult circumstances, especially since I'm a bit of a coward myself. I know better than to attempt an 1,100-mile trek through mountains and deserts on foot. But lucky for me, Cheryl Strayed had no such qualms when she decided to hike the Pacific Crest Trail and find the answers to her life's problems. She wrote about the experience in her memoir Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail (Alfred A. Knopf, 2012).
"One of the most original, heartbreaking, and beautiful American memoirs in years."  --Michael Shaub, NPR Books

"[A] vivid, touching, and ultimately inspiring account of a life unraveling, and of the journey that put it back together."  --The Wall Street Journal

"An addictive, gorgeous book."  --The Boston Globe

Ready to go for a hike, blogfrogs? Grab your boots and let's go!

That's right: I've committed to reading all the books on my TBR Shelf this year--and blogging them! Click here to read the reviews I've posted so far.

2 comments:

  1. This one sounds good. Thanks for telling me about it. I had to fly to Minneapolis and back this week and knocked four books from my TBR list on the trip. It felt good.

    ReplyDelete