I know what you're going to say: What business have I, running a giveaway of the Month of Adventure books on my TBR Shelf when I haven't even finished reading the last one?
Yeah, well, it's summer. I've been on vacation. And sometimes fiction lures me away from nonfiction. But the giveaway must go on, so here's what we have on tap this month. Click on the titles to read my review of each (except for that last one):
WIND, SAND AND STARS
by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
adult adventure / aviation / memoir
WILD: FROM LOST TO FOUND ON THE PACIFIC CREST TRAIL
by Cheryl Strayed
adult adventure / memoir
by Frances Mayes
adult travel essay / memoir
Don't be put off by the fact that I laid this book aside; I wanted to travel light on vacation, so I brought my Kindle instead of this book. I've read about a third of it, though, and can attest that Frances Mayes's lovely, evocative writing is as strong as ever, and her descriptions of Spain make me want to hop on a plane to Madrid.
1. U.S. entrants only, please.
2. Be sure to note the book you want to win AND WHY.
3. Giveaway prizes will be brand-new books delivered to you via Amazon.com. They will be paperback editions unless the book is still available only in hardcover.
4. This giveaway ends at the end of the day MONDAY, AUGUST 11.
5. There's a new giveaway every month! CLICK HERE to receive a brief email every time a new giveaway is posted on the blog.
a Rafflecopter giveaway