www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Indies First Storytime

Kate DiCamillo
I'm really excited to be taking part in yet another Indies First event! This one was spearheaded by author Kate DiCamillo, not only one of my favorite writers but also the current Ambassador for Young People's Literature.


Kate's idea was to ask authors to support their local indie bookstore by popping in for Saturday storytime, so that's what I'll be doing this Saturday, May 17, at my local (and beloved) Shawnee Books & Toys. I'm only one of several authors reading that day, so if you're in the area, bring your little ones. Manager Michelle Ranney always has fun crafts and snacks for the kids as well, and even though The Key & the Flame is intended for older kids (ages 8+), we'll have some copies available for sale and signing.




So come on by! Here's the lineup:

10:30 am: me!
11:15 am: Brian Howell
12:00 pm: Ann Ingalls
12:45 pm: Anola Pickett

Want to find out which authors are participating in your area? Visit the IndieBound website for a nationwide schedule.

DETAILS:
Where: Shawnee Books & Toys | 7311 Quivira Road, Shawnee KS | 913-962-1428
When: Saturday, May 17, 2014 | 10:30 am
What to Do: Show up for Storytime, snacks, and crafts! Suitable for all ages. No registration required.

No comments:

Post a Comment