www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Friday, February 8, 2013

Friday Fave

I'm not going to do this every week. I won't even schedule it. It will just hit you out of the blue--BAM!--a Friday Fave. Every once in awhile, I'll note a favorite something-or-other. Because it makes me sad to think that some of you might have missed this particular thing. Whatver it is.

Today, the fave is

pumpkin

I know ... big deal. It's an orange vegetable. Or fruit. (I never get that right. If a fruit has a seed, aren't most things fruits and not veggies? But I digress.) But the pumpkin has a flavor that just sends me. (Don't know that expression? This is it.) Imagine a world without

pumpkin muffins
pumpkin pie

creamy pumpkin-curry soup (yes, it really IS good)*
Ben & Jerry's Limited Edition Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream
pumpkin-spice latte 
DQ Pumpkin Pie Blizzard
 
pumpkin bread
pumpkin jelly roll filled with cream cheese

They all make me swoon. In fact, whoever first married the pumpkin with cream cheese should be knighted. And given a big chunk of feudal lands. Maybe a nice house like this one.



Thank you, pumpkin cooks. I love you all.

*I happen to make a kick-butt pumpkin-curry soup. I'll send you the recipe if you want.


images: top: This image is in the public domain because it contains materials that originally came from the Agricultural Research Service, the research agency of the United States Department of Agriculture.center: copyright Dairy Queen. Bottom: publicity shot, cast of Masterpiece Theater's Downtown Abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment