www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Friday, January 24, 2014

TBR 2014: Book No. 2

Next up on my clearing-the-TBR-shelf goal: In the Shadows of Blackbirds by Cat Winters (Amulet Books, 2013)!

I've been meaning to read this book for ages, and today's the day I start it! Cat Winters's debut novel takes place in 1918: The world's nations are at war--not only with each other but against the deadly influenza epidemic that spreads like a modern-day plague. Mary Shelley Black's sweetheart is on the battlefields of France and her aunt thinks Mary holds the power to contact the dead. Can she?

"Words like 'unputdownable' and 'irresistible' are simply not enough for Cat Winters's In the Shadow of Blackbirds."
--author Saundra Mitchell (Shadowed Summer)


Don't tell me you're not hooked. I know you want to join me on this reading journey!


That's right: I've committed to reading all the books on my TBR shelf  this year. First up was Stefan Bachmann's The Peculiar. Read the review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment