www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

TBR 2014: Book No 3


There's no question that fiction far outweighs nonfiction on my TBR shelf. My nonfiction titles usually center on linguistics, travel, biography, and science--especially animals and physics (which I'm rubbish at, but I keep trying anyway). I'm very excited to finally read Meg Daley Olmert's Made for Each Other: The Biology of the Human-Animal Bond (Da Capo, 2009), which has been sitting on my TBR shelf for at least a couple of years now.  I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to a book that examines the connection between us and the other animals. Sounds fascinating!
In one of those delectably synergistic books that tie together threads of science, history, and everyday life, Olmert explains the evolutionary processes behind what E. O. Wilson calls biophilia, our love and need for animals.... More proof of the astonishing intricacy of life’s interconnectivity.
--Booklist
Who's with me? Besides Sawyer the dog (pictured above), I mean.


That's right: I've committed to reading all the books on my TBR Shelf this year--and blogging them! Click here to read the reviews I've posted so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment