www.clairecaterer.com
about Claire M. Caterer books by Claire M. Caterer blog with Claire M. Caterer Press for Claire M. Caterer Fun Extras with Claire M. Caterer Contact Claire M. Caterer Other Writing by Claire M. Caterer
NOTE: I don't post to this blog super-duper often anymore, because I'm busy writing, well, books. (Read more about that here.) For more up-to-date, day-to-day ramblings, visit my Facebook page.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

TBR 2014: Book No. 6



For shame, Claire! A fellow Kansas writer, a Newbery award winner who lives in your state, a wonderful lady who even attended your book signing in Wichita--and yeah, I've never read her debut novel. Okay, enough lashing! I'm reading Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool!

Vanderpool weaves humor and sorrow into a complex tale involving murders, orphans, bootlegging, and a mother in hiding. With believable dialogue, vocabulary and imagery appropriate to time and place, and well-developed characters, this rich and rewarding first novel is "like sucking on a butterscotch. Smooth and sweet." --Booklist (starred review)

Replete with historical details and surprises, Vanderpool's debut delights,
while giving insight into family and community.  --Publishers Weekly (starred review)
So far, I am loving this book. It's rich and interesting and wonderfully written. Come on, read it with me!

That's right: I've committed to reading all the books on my TBR Shelf this year--and blogging them! Click here to read the reviews I've posted so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment